Again, not much has happened, but here are a few of the more interesting of our recent activities:
I got to witness the famous Ute Stampede! It was not quite as raucous as I was expecting. All the horses just walked (not even trotted).
It was cool because there were so many horses.
It was weird because none of the cowboys or cowgirls spoke so it felt a little bit like a funeral march.
It made me think that when I die, I would like my body to be placed on one of those horses and taken through the streets of Nephi in commemoration, even if I die months before the stampede actually takes place.
What if my body fell off and the horse just dragged my body? Ew and then my head rolled out of the procession to one of the on lookers. Then they would never be able to forget me! Their dreams would be haunted with visions of my dismembered head staring at them with that creepy smile of mine...
Something that was a lot more fun was the Spanish Fork rodeo with Shane and Ness! It was awesome!
We went to several birthday parties that were all fantastic!
| Misty bravely confronting her bird phobia. |
| Harry Potter, Hagrid, and Luna Lovegood |
| Grandpa Babe "smoking" (AKA putting dry ice in his mouth) |
We got to meet Shane and Ness at the airport after they got engaged!
And we got to go to their wedding and reception!
| Apparently we only got a photo of Mitch...and Brandon? But no bride or groom? |
We also played a really weird game with our friends.
| It's hard to believe, but Stephen made that mask himself. |
| All part of the game, folks. |
For the last 3 Halloweens, we have had zero trick-or-treaters. At least we got to see this cute kid in his costume! He's a golfer!
We got to go on the elk hunt at the Book Cliffs.
Most importantly, we celebrated our 2 year anniversary with Cabelas, The Gap outlet, and Olive Garden! Cheers to us!
![]() |
| This was before we started dating back in 2008. |

I thought we agreed the horrifying bird picture would be deleted forever from all cameras, cell phones, and memories. I never realized that anything could be more terrifying than a bird... until I saw that picture. DELETE IT!!!
ReplyDelete